Dear Noah,
Today is a day that I get to celebrate that I am your mother. Instead of *wishing* I could relinquish my "mom" duties for a day to celebrate "me"... I feel overwhelmed with love and gratitude for my ability to love and care for you.
~You have provided my life with a new identity.
~You have strengthened my faith and helped me come to know Jesus in a deeply radical way.
~You have given your dad and I a stronger marriage, more love for each other which allows more love for you.
The challenges you bring to our lives are tough, I won't lie. There are days that I feel ridiculously inadequate in my ability to raise you. There are nights when I sit up and cry because we are both so exhausted from your sporadic sleep schedule. In these times, I know there is meaning.
Thank you, Noah, for teaching me what is truly meaningful in this life. Thank you, for all the things that you will teach me as I tread my way through this "mom thing".
Forgive me for the times that I fail, because I know I do.
Please, don't ever stop giving me face hugs. No matter what, no matter how inappropriately they are timed.
I love you, Noah.
Thank you for making me a mom. I am privileged that God choose me to be your mother, that he trusts me THAT much.
Happy mother & son day, my dear, charming son.
Mama
~~~
~~~
Happy Mothers Day to all the wonderful moms in our lives! We have gleaned so much wisdom from your words and actions, thank you.

Beautifully written Brianna...Happy Mother's Day! Connie
ReplyDeleteThis is beautiful B! Made me cry:( Noah is so lucky to call you Mom! Love you lots, Love C
ReplyDelete